Ep19 Unpack with JC – Greg Hill Interview
Last episode I caught up with Greg Hill and we talked about the human side of digital transformations. Greg recently started his own consulting firm and is working with companies to help them realise the benefits and challenges that lie ahead transforming to cloud based platforms.
Today I talk through what I believe are the drivers of digital transformation.
“Digital transformation is the integration of digital technology into all areas of a business, fundamentally changing how you operate and deliver value to customers. It’s also a cultural change that requires organizations to continually challenge the status quo, experiment, and get comfortable with failure” – the Enterprisers Project – a community of CIOs discussing the future of business and IT.
It’s a long-term investment, not one project does it all.
In recent years I have seen a pattern of the key drivers for change:
- Replace legacy systems
- Automate manual processes
- Analysis and insights of data
- Provide customers with self-service options
Yet I find organisations are still struggling with these key problems:
- Jump to a solution without understanding the problem (or benefit)
- Think technology will solve performance issues
- Lack of funding for continuous improvement
JC Three Tips:
- Map strategy to operations, be clear with your blueprint.
- Break it down into achievable building blocks with strong foundations.
- Invest in your people, provide training for future skills.
My favourite Greg quote from our conversation ‘what is the effect on the people, roles change moving to cloud based platforms’.
Sign Up to get Latest News and Events
Sign up to our mailing list to stay up to date with our latest news and events.